Do you use Vaseline often, or ever wondered what it’s even used for? If you’ve had a jar of Vaseline laying around your house for a while and haven’t been bothered to use it, you might be interested in some of these helpful life hacks.
Vaseline is a great way to moisturize your skin, clean leather, and can even be used as a makeshift candle. It can be used for all sorts of things around the house that help you in your daily life, and can come in pretty handy at times.
Here are 15 life hacks for Vaseline that you should know about.
1. Use Vaseline on your hair to keep it smooth and to reduce any of those pesky fly-aways.
2. Do you have leather shoes that are looking a little old and perhaps worn out? Rub some Vaseline on your scratched or dirty leather shoes, and they will look brand new! The Vaseline will also work as a water repellent.
3. If you’re having trouble taking a ring off, rub some Vaseline around it it and it should come right off.
4. If the cap of your nail polish tends to get stuck to the bottle, rub some Vaseline on it. This will prevent the cap from sticking to the nail polish bottle.
5. Do the doors in your house squeak when you open them? Smear some Vaseline on the hinges and this should help reduce the annoying squeak.
6. Rub Vaseline on your face when it’s cold outside to prevent frostbite.
7. Use Vaseline to clean your furniture or any other wooden surface to remove any stains and to give it a shiny, polished look.
8. Roll up a tiny piece of paper and stick it into a tube of Vaseline. The piece of paper acts as a makeshift wick so that if you light it. Now you’ve got yourself a brand new candle!
9. Rub some Vaseline on the surface of tools to prevent rusting.
10. To protect your bike gears from corrosion and to reduce wear and tear, lubricate them with petroleum jelly.
11. Vaseline is known to work as a great moisturizer for your skin. You can use it as a chap stick to moisturize your lips or on any other part of your body that you find a little dry.
12. Do you own any clothes with pesky zippers that always stick? If you rub a little bit of Vaseline onto the zippers of your pants, jackets, or bags (basically anything that has a zipper), it will help unstick it.
13. Before putting on your perfume, apply a very thin coat of Vaseline onto the area of skin that you will dab your perfume on. This will increase the lifespan of your perfume by three to four hours!
14. Do you have dry, cracked feet? Apply some Vaseline onto your feet before bed and sleep with socks on. The Vaseline will help moisturize your feet overnight and reduce the dryness.
15. If you love carving pumpkins for Halloween but hate how fast they rot, rub some Vaseline onto the carved edges of your pumpkin. This will actually slow down the rotting process so that your beautiful carvings last longer.