Healthy Hacks

5 Signs of Toxic Kidneys

  1. IRREGULAR URINE ODOR

Urine odor can vary from person-to-person. Much of this has to do with someone’s diet, level of hydration, physical activity level, or the temperature in their environment.

Most people have a sort-of “musty ammonia odor” due to the trace amounts of urea in their urine. (Urea is an organic element that is essential to the process or urination.)

If a malfunction of the kidney is present, it’s common for urine to give off either a fishy or sweet smell. A change in urine odor can also occur from diabetes, liver disease, and even certain supplements.

  1. CHANGES IN URINE COLOR

In a healthy person, urine will have a pale yellow hue. Those who drink a lot of water may have lighter-colored or clear urine, both of which are also normal. Dehydration may produce a dark yellow color, which in itself is not necessarily dangerous, but should serve as a reminder to drink more fluids.

Urine that is brown, black, orange, pink or red is abnormal and could signal an underlying disorder or disease. Blood in the urine (hematuria) produces red to pink-colored urine – and should prompt us to visit a doctor to rule out a serious condition.

  1. VISIBLE CHANGES IN URINE

Urine is composed of approximately 95 percent water. The other 5 percent are a mix of minerals, metabolized drugs, and other substances. The high concentration of water usually produces clear to dark yellow urine depending on hydration levels.

When there are visible changes, such are the presence of pus or froth in urine; it is necessary to have a check up. Excess protein in the urine may also signify a problem, but it isn’t always visible. Pus or froth in the urine may be the result of an underlying infection.

  1. PAIN IN ABDOMINAL AREA

As the kidneys are situated in the abdominal cavity, wherein many other organs lie, it can be difficult to pinpoint the source of pain without a doctor’s help. Howeverkidney pain tends to be located around the edges of the abdomen and the back.

A burning sensation while urinating, despite popular belief, is usually not a kidney problem. Instead, it’s more likely to be a urinary tract infection, or UTI. Of course, a UTI necessitates medical intervention and treatment.

  1. URINE FREQUENCY

Typically, a healthy person will pass from approximately 16 to 100 ounces of water, depending on the amount of water consumed. (It’s considered healthy to be to 60-100 ounce range.)

Kidney problems can produce an excess or shortage of urine expelled. A condition called oliguria will cause a person to produce less than normal amount of urine. Polyuria is when a person expels more than 100 ounces of water in a day. Again, water intake has a lot to do this. But sudden changes in urine frequency without altering fluid intake may be a cause for concern.

source:/powerofpositivity com/

error: Content is protected !!