Seven Dangerous Bedtime Habits You Should Avoid
- Don’t go to bed with cold feet
Warm your feet every time before going to bed
- Not having a bedtime routine
Set up a routine before going to bed to teach your brain when is time to sleep, like brushing your teeth, washing your face etc.
- Avoid drinking coffee 4 hours before going to bed
Caffeine is very bad and keeps you awake for a longer time.
- Avoid certain sleeping positions
Experts advise sleeping on the left side as a better position for your body to rest.
- Keep the electronic devices away from the bed
Scrolling on your phone or tablet before going to bed can have a very negative effect because the brightness of the screen prevents the brain from falling asleep.
- Believe it or not, you should avoid books as well
Reading before bedtime is also known as a way to keep you awake for a longer period of time.
- Avoid a bright alarm clock
Light or anything similar can drag your attention and disturb your sleep and you will not wake up rested in the morning.