48-Hour Weekend Liver, Colon and Kidney Detox
DETOX SYSTEM OF THE BODY
Every organism has its own detoxification system, consisted of the colon, kidneys, and liver.
- The colon contains bacteria which support the production of both unhealthy and healthy chemicals. Its main function is the removal of toxins before they get the chance to harm the body.
- Kidneys continually filter the blood and eliminate toxins through the urine.
- The liver is the first defense organ of the body which is responsible for preventing the toxins from entering the bloodstream.
If you want your detox diet to really work, you need to consume the right food. The detox diet presented in this article is by Dr.Oz and it helps the three vital organs to function properly. In brief, you need to prepare and consume the following snacks and meals two days in a row.
- Breakfast ( Prunes with Quinoa )
Prunes are rich in fiber and sorbitol while quinoa is abundant in phosphorus, fiber, and protein. A combination of quinoa and prune is a good way to start the day.
- ½ cup of quinoa
- 1/3 cup of chopped prunes
- ¼ cup of rice milk
- 1 cup of water
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- 1 tbsp of flaxseed oil
- 1 tbsp of grated ginger
Take a small pot and put the quinoa, ginger, nutmeg, and water in it. Mix the ingredients well and bring the mixture to boil. Let it simmer for about 10 minutes. Then, add the prunes and rice milk. Cover the pot again and cook for about 5 minutes. Finally, add the flaxseed oil and consume the mixture.
- Detox Snacks and Drinks Between Meals
Pineapple is rich in bromelain, a compound which is great for the process of digestion. The kale supports the cleansing of the kidneys, and the ginger stimulates the bile flow in the gallbladder.
- ½ cup of pineapple
- A bunch of kale without stems
- ¼ inch of ginger root
- 2 large cucumbers
- Half squeezed lemon
- ½ cup of mint
Put all of the aforementioned ingredients in a juicer and process well.
- Detox Drink with Pomegranate, Lemon, and Pineapple
- 1 cup of unsweetened pomegranate juice
- ¾ cup of unsweetened juice
- A lemon
- 3 cups of water
Simply, mix the ingredients in a cup. You will get 4 servings which should be consumed throughout the day.
4. Veggie Snack
- Lemon juice
- Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
Slice the vegetables and mix them together. Then, pour the lemon juice, olive oil, and season. Consume as much as you want of this potent snack during the day.
5. Fruit Smoothie for Lunch
- ¼ banana
- ½ cup of rice
- ½ cup of plain unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup of frozen blueberries
- 1 tbsp of chia or flaxseed
Simply, put the ingredients in a blender and blend until you get a homogenous, smooth mixture.
Bananas are rich in vitamin B6 which detoxifies the liver; the blueberries are abundant in quercetin which is great for the liver and it improves the immune system, and the flaxseed is brain-nourishing thanks to its omega-3 and fiber content.
- Vegetable Broth Soup For Dinner
- 1 chopped cabbage
- 1 chopped fennel bulb with stalks and fronds
- 2 chopped celery stalks
- 2 chopped red onions
- 4 large chopped garlic cloves
- 8 springs of chopped parsley with leaves and stems
- ½ cup of chopped parsley
- 1 cup of sliced shitake caps
- 2 tbsp of chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tbsp of paprika
- 2 tsp of caraway seeds
- 2 tsp of sea salt
- 2 quarts of water
- Freshly ground pepper
Put all the ingredients (except for the parsley) in a pot and pour the water over them. Cook for an hour.
The cabbage detoxifies both kidneys and liver. The fennel promotes bile flow in the gallbladder and the garlic improves the function of the gallbladder. Also, the shitake mushrooms improve the function of liver enzymes.
You can serve the soup with sauerkraut and apples, both of which are beneficial for the kidneys, liver, and the GI tract.
- The Epsom salt bath will remove the toxins from the body and magnesium will help you relax the muscles.
- Have a cup of dandelion tea before bedtime, as it supports the elimination of toxins from the body.
- Don’t eat after 7 p.m.
ADDITIONAL FOODS THAT BOOST THE DETOX SYSTEM
It is recommended to consume sour pickles which are high in probiotics and protect the colon as well as whole grains which serve as a natural laxative and provide large amounts of phosphorus.
Consume diuretics, such as soy, in order to urinate more frequently. Also, cauliflower, broccoli, and bok choy recover from the detox and boost the kidneys function.
Blackberries and blueberries are extremely effective in the elimination of certain toxins, and hot peppers are a great ally in the detox of the liver.